Re: [FWDLK] 58 Coronet Hemi

It would not be a 354, the photos show that and so does the casting number, Like most cars that are reported to be one of a kind documentation is key and a build sheet or Ibm card is needed or at the very least all the parts need to be documented with date codes and be plausibly correct. A bunch of odd year parts coming together doesn't ring very true. It would be highly unlikely that a car 354 assembly made it all the was to late 58 but being that it has the Dodge tall deck poly/hemi casting number many of us know a 325 poly would be easy to convert to a hemi and you would not even need to remove the motor so this "may" have happened and it could have the factory installed engine. Dodge trucks had a 315 Power Giant and a 354 Super Power Giant in 1958 and 59 and in 58 the 315 was available as a single or double rocker shaft assembly for trucks. I have a 59 Truck shop manual and it only lists the 315 double rocker shaft assembly. As far as I know Dodge didn't make a 325 Truck specific motor although I have heard that at least in 57any car engine could be ordered in a half ton truck. It would be simple to check for the stamping on the front of the engine which would tell a lot. It's possible that it somehow got a 315 Power Giant? What would prove this other than the build record. Wishful or creative descriptions are fun and "what if" is a great conversation but that's not worth a premium in my book. Tim in Golden