[FWDLK] ForwardLook cars in movies

I thought it might be a nice idea to make an inventory on ForwardLook cars in movies.

To kick it off, I placed all the forward look footage of the movie ‘The Lineup’ on YouTube. It features a 1957 Dodge Coronet D500, a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal and a 1947 Plymouth (don’t know the model for sure).

Because it’s rather much (large), I’ve placed three versions: Dodge only, Plymouth only and both together.

Funny to see they’re like keep changing cars during a trip or chase! One shot they’re in a Coronet D500, the next shot, in the same scene, they’re in a Custom Royal.

The Custom Royal doesn’t seem to have the correct quarter panel side center moldings, they should be wider. But what’s correct? I wouldn’t know why the car is like that, but it’s not very plausible they did that for the movie. I would say it came like that. So, I guess the next Custom Royal without the wide moldings on eBay could be real…

So, if you know of any movie featuring ForwardLook cars, let me know, and I’ll see whether I can get a copy and get the ForwardLook footage on YouTube.

I already have a copy of ‘Gypsy Moths’ at Neil’s, which I’ll pick up when I’ll visit the US and Neil again, shortly.

Jim, The Netherlands

1957 Dodge Lancer D500 x2