Re: [FWDLK] From Old Cars Weekly: Delightful, Dependable, De Soto

Re: [FWDLK] From Old Cars Weekly: Delightful, Dependable, De Soto

Back in the day, I painted my in-laws car. I didn't tell them what I was doing with it. I painted the bottom a light blue and the top with a white textured paint which I think was rubberized. First I applied a sticky tape which had embossed stitching on it. Front to back on each side to appear like seams. Then painted the top with the textured paint. They loved it and bragged on it to their friends. It was simple and turned out great, looked like a fabric covering. Came in any simple color you might want, and after I did theirs, the body shop where I worked tarted to offer it as an incentive for paint jobs.
Ray in Mena, AR