Re: [FWDLK] Power Steering

That's not a whole lot of specific information, Ron.

I presume that you've still got your P/S fluid, and, that the pump and gearbox are not 'groaning', and that the belt is nice and tight.

You've removed the P/S pump cover and see that the fluid is appearing to circulate quickly?

Your P/S just went away?

Neil Vedder

Ron Waters wrote:
Hi All -

My 58 Plymouth was given it's first long distance run last week. Fifteen miles at highway speeds. Things went well until I pulled into the parking lot of a local department store. At that point I noticed that the power steering wasn't working. I checked fluid levels and everything was fine. I have driven the car since then and the power steering had not come back to life.

Can someone shed some light as to where to look to diagnose this problem and also possible solutions ?

Thanks,

Ron