[FWDLK] water temp??

I was out driveling today and I noticed that the temp gauge went almost to the H as in hot....(I just recored the heater core and flushed the system)
I had a 64 New Yorker a long time ago that on the gauge always ran near the H but it ran fine and this was after I recored the heater core and radiator, was told by a shop all looked good and it must have been a bad sender or gauge but can't recall what the normal temp was or is supposed to be?....Today as I got home I popped the hood and grabbed my new handy dandy heat thermometer deal and on the radiator it read 190.1 on both sides and on the intake manifold it read 201 and 204 on the water pump near the heater hose outlet, and 146 on the valve covers is that OK?
 It has a 180 thermostat and a 14# cap and did not boil over but was very near the H...So what is the normal range on the radiator and on the intake or engine block??
as always thanks...
debenson2
431056
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55443 USA