Re: [FWDLK] Generator or voltage regulator

Re: [FWDLK] Generator or voltage regulator

Maybe-certainly someone else will jump in, but, it is my understanding that the am(p)meter reveals the health on the generator and the voltage regulator, and that the volt meter records
the health/output of the battery.

Neil Vedder

Nick Sperduto wrote:
I can't find my shop manual it's misplaced somewhere in my mess of a garage.
My 56 plym is only charging about 12.8 volts at high rpm.
Is there an easy way to tell if it's the generator or the voltage regulator.

Thanks,
Nick