Re: [FWDLK] dual carb linkage adjustment

Re: [FWDLK] dual carb linkage adjustment

Is it not possible to adjust the dual carbs' linkage so that the rear carb's primaries open first and, then, the front carb's primaries open, so that you can get very good mileage by just using the smallest 4-barrels (the two carbs' primaries), before the larger secondary
throats, on both carbs, open---either progressively, or simultaneously??

Neil Vedder

Bjwt56@xxxxxxx wrote:
Nick:

I have the 57 dual quads you mention on my 56. I plan to change them out when I get the original 56 factory dual quads ready to go.

Anyway, I have the slotted linkage that is correct for these carburetors and have it adjusted so that I operate only on the rear carb until I get to highway speeds or decide to romp it a little. To do this, I have left a space of about one half inch on the front carb to keep both front throttle valves closed until I want them. This is not very scientific, but it works and saves me gas. If you want it more precise, decide at what rpm you want the front carb to function, set the throttle to that rpm and adjust the linkage accordingly.

     John Teske