Re: [FWDLK] 413 rebuild

Take the extra time to replace ALL wearables. It's way to late to realize that you should have done so when the motors in the car and running!
Always replace any seal you have off or in your hand. And always replace any small wearable parts in your hand if it is hard to get to later.
Ray, retired Master Auto Tech, I hate comebacks especially when it's my own!

On Dec 13, 2009, at 1:02 PM, ajl wrote:

> Hi all;

I am working on a 61 413 engine with 60,000 miles. It had a smoking problem, but no leaks from the front or rear seals, actually no leaks at all in any.

The engine is on a stand, heads etc.. pulled. I documented and removed the pistons and rods yesterday.

The rod bearings look very good.

Checked the bores and tolerances, looked good, honed the bores and this is where I stopped.

I purchased rings, main and rod bearings from NAPA

Question, would you replace the rods and main bearings along with the front and rear seals?

Anthony