Re: [FWDLK] Starter

OOPS, I "started" talking about generators, not starters, but a local auto-electric shop should be able to O/H your starter, too, or else they should be able who can do that work
for you.

Neil Vedder

Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc wrote:
Matt, I suggest that you contact any/all of your local auto-electric repair shops.

I had a local shop O/H my car's starter 15+ years ago, and it's performed flawlessly since then.

Your starter probably only needs a general cleaning and new brushes be installed on it.

You could carefully remove the green metal tag from it, to be sure that it doesn't get lost, and, at least as far as 57 Dodges are concerned, the generator's end plates are not painted (have the shop clear coat them to preserve their finish), and the generator body is finished in a semi-gloss finish.

The generator pulley can be painted in a gloss black.

Neil Vedder

Matt Proske wrote:
Sorry I can't help you with your question but it did remind me that my starter needs a rebuild as well. Does anyone know of a good shop to rebuild in the Northen IL area?
Thanks,
Matt