Re: [FWDLK] brake shoes

Dave, firmfeel.com (1-800-347-6426) has a subcontractor
which can remove our cars' bonded-on crappy brake linings
and replace them with new-modern carbon-metallic linings.

We just have to send them a 'donor' shoe assembly,
so, you can send them your car's shoes, or score a set of wrecking
yard shoes (my recommendation) and get them re-lined. This
way a person could do an A : B comparison afterward, and/or
sell his old shoes to someone else and pay-it-Forward(look).

John Fowlie ( a FWDLK member) has a very extensive MoPar salvage yard,
in CA : 765-966-5904, and, of course, he speaks our language
fluently.

What you might also do (talking with John) is find out how large-of-fitting
brake assemblies will mate-up with your car (like : Imperial/NY'er) and score
a set of them, and get them turned and their linings replaced by Firm Feel.

Neil Vedder

David Remaley wrote:
Ok, this might come across as a stupid question but here it goes. Does anyone know a website that I can order new brakes for my 1956 Plymouth Belvedere?? I am new to the shoppping around for parts for an older car, but I am DETERMINED to have my baby out on the road this summer. I looked at the sites that I knew carried parts but none of them carry the brake shoes for a 1956. Please help!! Dave
1956 Bevedere Pa