Re: [FWDLK] BRAKE FLUID QUESTION

DOT 5 fluid (silicone fluid) )is the only brake fluid that is not hygroscopic (not hydroscopic), like DOT 3 and 4 which are hygroscopic, that is, they attract and retain moisture within the molecular content of the fluid.  I too, have poured both in a clear jar and sat it on a shelf for months and saw no interaction between the two.  I would not recommend mixing it in a car's brake system though.  Its best to do a thorough flush and refill, and even better when the system is being rebuilt with new rubber parts  installed.

Bob J

1961 300G convert running DOT 5 silicone fluid for 32 years.