Re: [FWDLK] 350 Block Questions

The only way that a 1958 Coronet would have had an OEM  B-block engine in it
would have been if the car had had the D500 engine option in it, which
would mean that the subject engine was a 361 c.i. guy, and not the 350 c.i. motor...

Neil Vedder

Brent Burger wrote:
  So, does this mean that the 325 poly was standard on Coronet and Royal and the 350 standard on the top line Custom series cars ???

  Seems to me, the 58 Coronet SS coupe I once owned was a B-block and not a poly.  It had been in a flood and allowed to sit, so the drivetrain was toast, so I pulled it.  That was 20 years ago or more, so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I am pretty sure I saved a bunch of pieces off the engine for reuse on the replacement (361).

  B.