Re: [FWDLK] Clock repairs?

I do not want to have a "quartz" clock inside my car.

Neil Vedder

On 2/16/2012 5:34 PM, Fern wrote:
Why would you want to mess around with repairing the original old clock at great expense which will eventually need rebuilding again down the road. Just convert it to the quartz movement (which is transparent) at very reasonable cost and will also last a life time. Just my 2 cents worth from Fern ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Clock repairs?

Ted asked the below-referenced question, which I posed to my clock doc ;
here's his response:

The points on most of these clocks were never meant to be replaceable, so there were very few spare sets ever made. What I often have to do if points need replacement is buy another broken clock in whole to use as a donor and hope that it will at least have a salvageable set. This is harder to do with any clock that is relatively rare, because the price gets too high.

I believe I can save yours.