Re: [FWDLK] Need LH Exhaust Manifold for 57 Desoto 325 - 1634445

On Jun 12, 2012, at 1:56 AM, ddavids@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I had a DeSoto shipped from North Dakota to Seattle and the driver
> wound up breaking the exhaust manifold on the lefthand side.
> How he do that, you might ask? Well, he didn't raise the front end of
> his car trailer enough during unloading, and the aft lip of the
> trailer snagged the lowest muffler.
> Before I could slow the guy down to think up a better solution to
> unsticking the car, he climbed onto its rear bumper and started
> bouncing it up and down.
> Well, it came unstuck, which was no surprise. But it put such a strain
> on the exhaust pipe that it snapped the exhaust manifold in two. Of
> course, I didn't find out it was broken until he was long gone.
>
> So now I'm in the market for two new mufflers (turns out the other
> side snagged, too, and it buckled), and a log-style manifold for the
> left side.
> The number cast into the exhaust manifold is 1634445. It was
> apparently used in 56 on some Plymouths, and 56/57 on DeSotos.
> Please contact me if you have one of these, or know where I can find
> one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan Davids

  Just to pick nits, if this is a stock car, and it has a 325, it is technically not a DeSoto.  It is a Firesweep.

  Dodge frame, chassis, and running gear.  This is especially true of the engine.  That is ALL Dodge.

  Asking for a 57 DeSoto manifold will get you a completely different critter !

  Sorry to hear of your problem.  You would think a transporter would use better sense than that.  :-P

   B.