Re: [FWDLK] 55-56 plymouth front fenders?

I ran into this when I bought a fender off from a 1955 Plymouth in a junkyard a few years ago for my 1955 Plymouth.  I noticed the front passenger door on the junkyard car was a 1956 Plymouth door, but did not realize the fender was also a 1956 until I got it home and saw the different style turn signal light.  That fender is now on my 1955 Plymouth, (recycled for a second time apparently) and the only difference is one turn signal has screw holes in the lens and one does not.  I still have my original 1955 fender with the original turn signal.

In a message dated 2/18/2015 4:22:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, drt-rdr@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Wow....I've always assumed they were the same fenders...

-----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M. Nielsen
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:45 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 55-56 plymouth front fenders?

George,

Yes. The fender with the "rubber" parking light lens base is 1956, the one
with the 3 holes (two for mounting lens base, and one for the wires) is
1955. 1955 Plymouths used a steel parking light lens base.

David

On Feb 18, 2015, at 10:26 AM, George McKovich <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have two fenders off of a 55 plymouth belvedere and they appear
different. One has a recess where the parking light is mounted and the other
has a protrusion where it is mounted. Could one of the possibly be a 56
fender?