RE: [Chrysler300] On the road, again. 1964 Bulkhead connector question

RE: [Chrysler300] On the road, again. 1964 Bulkhead connector question

What ray said is about right.

This connector was problematic through the years as water would get into the
joint between the two connectors and corrode the internal workings

If I were doing this and it were really obvious there was a problem in this
area, I would completely and carefully disassemble both sides of the
connector assl'y and

Clean or replace any or all of the connectors. The brass terminals should be
of the "Packard" type and readily available. A special tool is available for
crimping these terminals

But it can be done by carefully using a good pair of needle nose pliers.

Oh, and BTW, regarding your alert, The sounds you have just heard, had this
been a REAL emergency, would have been followed by loud screams and slamming
doors!!

Good Luck!!