Re: [Chrysler300] 300D gas tank question

Re: [Chrysler300] 300D gas tank question

Tom, Sounds like it was put together all  wrong. There is usually a rubber ring on the underside of the fuel gauge sender disc, kind of press fitted into a groove made there just for it . Looks like a square o ring ? Mine was In good shape .....  if ok — again —-clean mating surface thoroughly and grease ; or good alternative there , no grease , dry ,  might be red rtv , permatex , good stuff ? No gasket on top of the sender disc —- that obviously does nothing.
An aside, after much difficulty over many years mainly with 30’s Packards , ——rust and crud from tank fouling the fuel pump inlet valves at the worst possible times  , ( Easter Sunday with Family , everyone all dressed up, 25 miles from Home) and also experiencing restricted flow at WOT due to clogged sock on mopar , I have been removing sock mesh,( leave inner core)  putting 3/8 by 3/8 or 6-AN with 3/8 hose adapters  large area hi flow stainless mesh filter outside of tank . Made for alcohol drag race cars . Maybe 60$ at Jeg’s . It comes apart at ends  to clean it , about 4” long by 1.5 diameter . Moroso makes one too . Then no need to get into Tank or sender / sock . Crud ends up where you can get at it . Not for pristine tank and high point restoration, I know,  but good for a real driver . I was afraid regular gasoline fuel filters restrict too much on suction side at high flow. But Work ok too , to a point , installed like this . Wix makes good plastic ones you can see into ..  Better than dead at side of road , prospect of pulling / draining tank .
Hope this helps,
John

Sent from my iPhone