RE: [59plymouth] RE: Three differences between California built Sport Fu

RE: [59plymouth] RE: Three differences between California built Sport Furys

Wow, Ed, I dunno.  Where else were 59SFs built in CA?  Shows you how much I know!
-----Original Message-----
From: eddee [mailto:eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 7:12 AM
To: Dan Morton
Subject: Re: [59plymouth] RE: Three differences between California built Sport Furys

Dan
This is just for the LOS ANGELES S/Fs??

ie: M294s only??

ED ECKERSON
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Morton
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 6:43 AM

Regarding the "trivia contest" for the differences between California-built Sport Furys and those built elsewhere, Bernie Brouillet writes:

Here's the differences I know of, California built conditions listed first:

Pedals - Horizontal texture / design, as mentioned this morning and verified by various photos.

Cowl vent - A bright cross-hatched screen vs. a multi row louvered design for the rest - suggest Tom Fox be the arbiter, quite sure I've seen a photo of his cowl in that left coast condition. Being from Oregon I'm sure that's where most of his cars came from - he sent me pictures of his "Fury that Chrysler Forgot to Build" many years ago, including some before shots, it was an Emerald Green car.

Swivel Seat release levers - they have a ribbed texture on the top surface, slighty convex too, where the others (that I've seen) are a smooth chromed surface, don't think they were convex either.

I'm copying Robert Hinds here, Technical Advisor for the POC for '59, to see if he can identify any others...

    Dan