Stall Converters?

Guys,
I've never had a car without the factory stall
converter in it and I am curious about the higher rpm
converters.
I know that the engine will have to rev up to the
rated rpm before it moves. I figure that would be
great for the strip, but what about the street and
cruising speeds. Like when you are cruisin the strip
down town. Going to the Sonic (drive in type food
service), cruisin at low speeds. How does it act or
feel? Is your engine constantly reving up high
(sounding like you are going 100 mph)to get moving?
Please, someone that has one and does the cruisin
thing, let me know.
Thanks.

Harold (Dooner) Funderburk

----