Re: Rad repair

Don I was a radiator repair man for over 25 years and I would change shops if I were you. Your guy is just patching your radiator and not rebuilding it. I saw this all the time. If you pull the tank off and clean the seam out and retin the parts it will last for years. We had a trick to help on the fat top tanks. Have your radiator man put a baffel under the tank hooked into the seams of the header and then install the tank. The baffel does not need to be very long say 4 to 6 inches. Also the stock tank should have a divertor inside the tank where the hose connection goes into the tank. Sometimes some idiot will take it out and not re-install it. Makes the tank alot weaker. I think your guy is just patching the seam from the outside only so there is no strength to the solder. The tightness of the seam locking together is where the strength is not the solder. You have to get the solder all the way threw the locked seam. I would not try to reset the tank on your own. Ter409

----