Re: Whew, it's alotta work

A suggestion that some might find helpfull. all the wiring on my 56 Chrysler was good except what was in the engine compartment. We mounted a terminal strip on the lower firewall and ran the good wiring to it. Then color coded new wires from the terminal strip to all the various electrics under the hood. Easy to disconnect any wiring if necessary and also to trace any circuit with continuity tester.......................................MO........sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Kinsley" <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:45 PM
Subject: Whew, it's alotta work

I'm pecking away at my wire harness project. I'm taking it very slow and
making an as-built diagram as I go too. That'll always be helpful to
troubleshoot in the future. It could be shared too if anyone else got
involved in the same thing.

I'm also cleaning up other loose ends and have my fuel system done for
now. The cooling system is yet to come. I'm considering an aftermarket
radiator from Speedway or? like Dodger did for his max wedge clone. They
don't have trans cooling so the issue will be if the B&M cooler I have
will be sufficient to cool the trans. Dodger has a good sized one too.
He hasn't had it in hot weather yet so it's untested right now.

I'm working on the instrument panel right now. I found some pins for the
printed circuit board at Radio Shack. They solved my problem of how to
attach to the board. I like my Ron Francis harness but it doesn't have
the pins for the printed circuit board. As with most of our things you
have to improvise. I did away with the ammeter so I have an aftermarket
voltmeter from Summit that I am going to install where a clock would go.
There are space issues and the voltmeter won't fit where the ammeter
was. I'll probably put some decal or moniker in place of the ammeter.
Maybe a vac gauge? Of course the original guys among us will have a fit
but it's a 4 door driver and I just need it to function and look
interesting :-)

----

----