Re: High performance fuel mileage/un silenced air cleaner

Re: High performance fuel mileage/un silenced air cleaner

Fun story Rob!

Anyone remember the "screens" sold by J.C. Whitney for air cleaners? They sold the screens as a way to increase HP if i recall correctly.  I think they were about penny or dime-sized screens with a metal collar and prongs. You would drill holes in the top cover or sides of the air cleaner and install those screens (about 6 or so). Then, when you mashed on the gas pedal, you'd hear the sound of that air sucking into the carb. WAHHHHHHHA!

Thanks,
Gary H.