RE: Poly Stroker Update

You can lead a horse to water..........

-----Original Message-----
From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jimmy Peavy
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 5:27 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Poly Stroker Update

But it cost as much to build a Poly, as it does to build a big block.
The 440 has more gobs more torque, and power. More bang for the buck.
That's the reason you are so bored with big blocks.

Jimmy

On 7/17/15, Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not to offend anyone who has a 440, but all you hear about is when
> somebody gets on all Mopar them saying " I'm going to put a big block
> in it" and I find that boring. I like the poly's because they're
> totally different looking and they perform. You tell somebody at a car
> show that you have a
> 318 under the hood and they see that motor and scratched their head
> saying "that's not a 318" you know you have something unique.
>
> Bill M
> On Jul 17, 2015 4:05 PM, "Steve Mick" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I can relate to wanting something a little different-- going with the
>> "pre-historic " engine.  When I was building my 354 Hemi for the 56
>> Chrysler,  a person on another mail list  couldn't say enough bad
>> about any Hemi engine even Gen II.  He said the same as , if anyone
>> used anything but a 440, they were a fool.  He would not listen to
>> any other way of thinking.
>>  and just kept ragging on. Finally a moderator ( who had a 330 DeSoto
>> Hemi  engine , told him to "knock it off"
>>    I think it is great that the Old 318 Poly is getting the attention
>> it deserves.  One of Mopars best designs. They absolutly will get the
>> WOW factor from those who only know the old
>> 318..............................MO
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:16 PM, <furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> Glad to hear it's all coming together and hope the enjoyment has
>>> just begun. When it's all settled in how about some photos.
>>>
>>> Nick Tiberio
>>> FuryUs63
>>>

>>> ------------------------------
>>> *From: *"Bill M" <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> *Subject: *Re: Poly Stroker Update
>>>
>>>  BD
>>>
>>> I've always been a fan of "different...that's why I like Mopars and
>>> why I stuck with the Poly. And like with anything else, you'll get
>>> what you pay for. You can do a few things that will easily improve
>>> performance or go all out. I ended up building a 392 ci Poly, .470
>>> lift cam that hit 405 HP &
>>> 472
>>> lb/ft that pulls like a beast.
>>>

>>> Bill M
>>> 65 Coronet 500 'vert http://goo.gl/6xUS1
>>> 73 Dart Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie

>>> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and