Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12 updates in 3

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12 updates in 3 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Painting Mopars
MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 06:30PM -0700

I recommend going to Eastwood. They have a complete paint system that is
lower priced . Everything must be compatable and in the right sequence.
They also provide free helpful how to do it videos ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 02 09:34AM -0500

True, having all-compatible materials is important. 90% of the paint job is prep work in any case.

By the way, that reminds me that about 10 years ago there were quite a few discussions online ...more
Bill Watson <chrycoman@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 02 10:12AM -0700

Acrylic enamels were used from the late 1950's. The enamel paints used
prior to acrylic were referred to as "synthetic", as lacquer paints were
cellulose, ie. used natural fibres from the cotton ...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 02 12:38PM -0700

Thanks Bill, Very informative. Thanks very much!

...more
ALIENVOICE@xxxxxxx: Aug 02 03:57PM -0400

Thanks to Karl and Bill and everyone for answering many of my questions.
All of your experience(s) are valuable

Larry (Akron)

In a message dated 8/2/2015 3:38:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight ...more
Back to top
Dustless blasting results...
"Dan McCormack" <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 09:27PM -0400

Looks like it was well worth the $600 Eric. How long did it take?

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Sturgis ...more
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 06:36PM -0700

Thanks,

I like the results, I was interested until I saw the pictures. I would not
be able to do it at my home, I would need to find someplace to have it done.

Dennis C.

...more
Victor Carre <vcarre33@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 10:43PM -0400

Looks pretty good. I thought I read somewhat that the media is
biodegradable. Surprised at the amount left after the job. I guess some of
that is paint though.

Vic

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at ...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 10:05PM -0700

Dan, it took about 4 hours total to do the car,

Dennis, it does make a mess, I can't think how much mess it makes without
the water.

Victor, They just used glass for my car. It's not ...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 11:02PM -0700

Links to the videos I made of them blasting the car.

This first one is high speed, about 30 seconds long, about 3 hours of
recorded time.

https://youtu.be/d4vDshnP2mI
...more
Back to top
August 2015 Mopar of the Month online
"Dan McCormack" <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 01 09:22PM -0400

Ah! The clear plastic seat covers. My Dad put those on every new Dodge he bought. Great car and story Kevin.