Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 6 updates in 3 t

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 6 updates in 3 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Poly Stroker Update
B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 09 07:25PM

If you want to use the Cleveland pistons with the Poly connecting rods, I think you need other rod bushings or adaptors??

Thanks.

________________________________ ...more
Back to top
Poly windtunnel manifold MPG
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 09 04:30PM

One of us that might have a more apples to apples comparison of before and after MPG 2bbl to 4bbl would be James Morgan.....

Also James - Did you notice anymore valve tappet noise with the finned ...more
James Morgan <jwm1969@xxxxxxx>: Aug 09 04:36PM

Ricky . .
Haven't had the machine out on the road (it is undergoing more changes). At idle and when throttle opened with car sitting still/no load, no valve noises.
Are you experiencing them? If ...more
Back to top
11" x 3" brake backing plates?
Ray Bell <raybell46@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 09 04:02AM -0700

Wade, in Australia all '65 to ~'71 C-body cars had 3" wide 11" brakes.

I think you'll find what you want on C-bodies there.

Later sixties B-body and C-body station wagons might also be a ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 09 04:08PM

Of note when considering a brake upgrade. Wilwood makes a disc brake kit to fit our drum brake spindles........ Switched to Wilwood 100 or so miles ago on my ’62, and very happy with the quality ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 09 04:09PM

Wilwood part number: 140-11020