jason

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill M
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:15 PM ...more
Akron Don <dongallimore@xxxxxxx>: Feb 16 12:52PM -0500

Hmm - wonder if we should swap converters? I have a Lupo 9.5" that's rated at 3800, flashes to 4100 and likely need a higher stall.
These things are black boxes, in my mind.

Akron Don

...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:30PM -0500

Jason - I have a Racer Brown "ST-232" cam, .470 lift, 232 deg duration @
.050", TTI headers.

Don - could be a possibility, but I almost wonder if I would push it to
4800! How much torque are ...more
Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:39PM -0500

Ya that would develop some serious torque. I’d recommend staying under 3k for stall so like 2800 rpm stall would be good which could be done with 11” or 10.5” since you’re driving it not ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:14PM -0600

Lupo was interviewed back in 2002 about the converter stall factors to consider.
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/mopp-0202-performance-torque-converters/

Gary H.

...more
mcreglow <mcreglow@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:24PM -0600

bill,

what do you mean by "My engine is completely overdriving it to 4,500 rpm’s.”?

i have a 440 with a 9.5” dynamic converter similar to yours that makes 611 ft.lbs and i have no ...more
Back to top
Air Pressure for T/A Radials ??
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 08:42AM -0800

Hello,

I took my 63 SF out for a 200 mile drive yesterday, great to get the car
out.

However I have a question about air pressure for the T/A Radials. I
realize that there will be many ...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 11:51AM -0500

Dennis,

I typically use 32 lbs and not noticing any abnormal wear.

Pressure too high will tend wear out the centers of your tires.
Pressure too low tend will wear out the edges of your tires
...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 10:53AM -0600

I use 32 lbs also.
...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:19PM -0600

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/hot-rod-tires/radial-t-a/tire-details
has Max Load, Single (lb @ PSI) at 35, if that matters.
It also notes: "For speeds over 160km/h (100 ...more
Back to top
1963 383 Sport Fury weight question
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 15 08:05PM -0800

Does anyone know the weight distribution between the front and rear?

It looks like the total weight is around 3,200 pounds is this correct?

Thanks
Dennis C.
...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 01:51PM

Here’s what I found by scaling my ’62 Dart wagon:

Ø 4,080 lbs scaled - 2,040 over the front axle (With driver & full of fuel)

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
george smith <bt6t4@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 02:50PM

My 64 Polara 2 dr ht w/ full gas tank and me weighed in at 3420 on a state scale.

George

On Tue, 2/16/16, Hall, Ricky L <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx> ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 09:34AM -0600

http://www.mymopar.com/vehicleweights.htm has some generic weights. The actual weight also depends on the type of engine installed.

I have not seen a chart about B-body weight distribution.
...more
Back to top
Mopars at the Strip ??
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 15 07:53PM -0800

Just checking in to see if anyone is going this year from our group?

If so you may have noticed that it is no longer Mopars at the Strip !!!

MOPARS *and* MUSCLE CARS AT THE STRIP.
...more
Akron Don <dongallimore@xxxxxxx>: Feb 16 06:45AM -0500

I was wondering if that was the now former Mopars at the Strip.
Was the attendance falling or did they just opened it up to more cars and revenue?

Akron Don

Sent from my Verizon ...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 08:26AM -0600

MOPARS AT THE STRIP-The REAL story…Phil and I have been friends for many years… These enterprises-(POLY manifolds as one of many classic examples)-that the average enthusiast enjoys don’t happen ...more
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 06:53AM -0800

Roland,

Thanks for the great background on the name change. I was ready to skip
the event this year but now I'm going to try to attend.

The attraction for me is that I can spend time at the ...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 09:30AM -0600

More stories??? Spring Fling actually grew out of and/or in spite of our Chrysler Power Nationals West (circa early 90’s)… We held the event at LA County Raceway which was the only place to go ...more
Back to top
tailight lense restoration
MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 15 09:10PM -0800

On my 64 Dodge B body, the tailight lenses are in good condition , but
they are sun crazed. The bottom part of the lense, that is horizontal ,
looks like fine cracks , but is not all the way ...more
carverex@xxxxxxx: Feb 16 06:37AM -0800

Hi Steve

What about trying some headlight lens restore products? I see that stuff
almost everywhere.
Just a thought.....

Lyle
'63 Sport Fury 383

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 12:10:02 ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 09:25AM -0600

There are a bunch of videos online that use that approach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FLK6d-UHM for example.

Thanks,
Gary H.

...more
Back to top
Seat Belts
James Hunt <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 15 08:16PM -0800

Hello everyone,
My question is eye bolt or SAE bolts.
I was looking at this
website: http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/ll60.html
Their floorboard attachment end of the seatbelt shown in ...more
Doug <dougdaniel50@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 10:53AM

i think that the bolts have a neck on them for the eye of the belt to go thru

From: James Hunt <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 09:23AM -0600

My 2c is the eye bolt style was what was used in 1962 and the only advantage is if you need an award-winning original look. The later-years style is okay. Just be sure to use bolts designed ...more
Back to top
Welcome new member - 1963 Dodge Polara 500
Enzo Cremasco <csmopars@xxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 12:36PM

welcome aboard WilliamAwesome sight for parts or info and of course I'm partial to '63's as well Enzo

On Monday, February 15, 2016 6:32 PM, 'Cisco' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail ...more
Back to top
LeRoar is alive again
MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 15 09:21PM -0800

Ollie, Any chance you might be at the Mopar show in Branson, Mo.? First
part of June IIRC I am thinking, it would be a great trip for us to break
in Brutus..Maybe we could get Rich to go and ...more
Back to top