Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 8 updates in 2 t

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 8 updates in 2 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Air Pressure for T/A Radials ??
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 09:39PM -0800

Thanks everyone,

It looks like 32# is a good number. I had thought I has set to pressure to
34# with the gauge on my air chuck but after checking with a quality gauge
I was actually around ...more
gto64gto@xxxxxxxx: Feb 17 09:16AM -0500

Dennis, 32# sounds OK to start but the only way to make sure you're running
the right pressure is to check your tires in several places with a thread
depth gauge ever 4000 to 5000 miles. ...more
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 17 06:56AM -0800

Thanks,

I guess you are telling me to get the car out and do some driving - GREAT
IDEA.

I will check the tires with a gauge and watch for wear.

Dennis C.

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 17 09:35AM -0600

Quality gauge = digital gauge? I was told that the traditional "popup" tire pressure gauge, the kind you often get in a car show "goodie bag," is notoriously inaccurate. ...more
gto64gto@xxxxxxxx: Feb 17 11:00AM -0500

Gary, I don't like digital. I have a gauge I bought 30-40 years ago. I don't
remember where or who made it. It is a good quality tool. It is solid and
not plastic. The measuring pin is a little ...more
george smith <bt6t4@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 17 04:08PM

I still have the all steel popup gauge I used in the 70's. Still accurate.

George

On Wed, 2/17/16, 62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx ...more
gto64gto@xxxxxxxx: Feb 17 11:22AM -0500

Gary, I'm sorry, you were talking about a tire pressure gauge. I'm talking
about a tread depth gauge. It's the only way you can check the tread ware on
your tires to see if you have too much or ...more
Back to top
Seat Belts
James Hunt <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 16 06:02PM -0800

Thanks Gary and Doug.

Gary, this will not be a Concours d'Elegance car, standard hardware will be
perfect.
This is what they are selling as mounting hardware. Their claim is over
Grade 5.
...more
Back to top