From: ArthurWLinden@xxxxxxx [mailto:ArthurWLinden@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 4:14 PM
To: GoldenFin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GFS] Starter removal.

Guys,

Am I missing something?  I decided that it would be a good idea to
rebuild
the starter on my 58 350.  After unbolting it I found I could not fully
remove it from the bellhousing because of interference with the exhaust
pipe.
 Now I did have custom made pipes installed a few years ago, and
obviously
neither I nor the shop thought about starter removal clearance.    But
after
looking at it, I'm not sure how the factory pipe would have been routed
provide the proper clearance.  The service manual has no strange
instructions
like unbolting the exhaust pipe.  How was it done on factory correct
cars?

Art Linden

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/