[GFS] heater/blower housing

Golden Fin Society - http://clubs.hemmings.com/goldenfin/

HI GFSers,
Question for you - am now trying to detail the firewall of my '56
(previous
owner painted it all semi gloss black, to include the heater core/blower
bakelite? housing).  I have removed the heater blower and have removed all
the 3/8 bolts holding the housing to the firewall.  Housing has a gasket
or
sealer between it and the firewall - dang thing won't budge - is it sealer
holding it on?  Any tips on how to remove the housing without damage?

Sure is cold here!

Jack Lewis
'56 Fury