Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:15 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Are there Advantages of dual ponts over single???

 I tore apart a 1960 and a 1963 distributor and carefully examined them both for any differences. The only difference I found was the shorter shaft on the 63 but it was easier to find parts for. So I cannibalized and now have a 63 distributor that fits very well in my 60.

Now to my Question! Is there any advantages of a dual point system over the single point distributor? I have 2 dual point distributors in my hands And I am sure I can get them to work but if I won't gain any more performance or any other benefits, then I wont bother. I have heard all the arguments about originality and about electronic ignitions. thats another topic. I just want to know the advantages and disadvantages between dual and single point systems. Thanks in advance .

Marc

1960 4DRHT