RE: IML: Are there Advantages of dual ponts over single???

RE: IML: Are there Advantages of dual ponts over single???

Title: Message
 I tore apart a 1960 and a 1963 distributor and carefully examined them both for any differences. The only difference I found was the shorter shaft on the 63 but it was easier to find parts for. So I cannibalized and now have a 63 distributor that fits very well in my 60.
Sorry to get in on this one so late....  I can tell you one disadvantage of the dual point system.  It seems on my '59 that every time the car set for a few weeks one or the other set of points would be corroded and wouldn't work right.  Don't know if this is just a humidity problem or salt air problem or what but I finally got so tired of it I put in a mopar electronic system.  I normally won't do anything that wasn't factory but I gave up on that DAM^ distributor.

                   Steve B.