IML: 68 back from the spa... Now onto the interior

IML: 68 back from the spa... Now onto the interior

Hello Everyone!

The 68 Crown Convertible is back from the mechanic…  OUCH!

Aside from replacing both front brake calipers and rebuilding the carb, all the car needed was a major cleaning out.  I went ahead and replaced all the hoses, had the gas tank sandblasted and refuinished, and changed all the belts.  All in all added up to WAY too much.  (but then again, I didn’t have the time to do all this myself and I wanted the car road worthy ASAP).

Now I’m onto the fun stuff!  This weekend, I’m going to detail the car.  I remember someone a few weeks back mentioning a leather cleaning / conditioning system that he/she really liked.

Does anyone remember the system mentioned?  Or do you have recommendations on what products I should use?  The interior has 25 years of dust and the leather REALLY needs to get cleaned and conditioned.  I’ve used the Meguiars in the past, but the conditioner didn’t really seem to penetrate the hide.  A buddy of mine with a proclivity for Jag’s recommended Conolly’s hide food. Has anyone used that with success?

Regards,

Javier

Proud Owner of 1968 IMP's of Omaha Convertible
Needs AM/FM radio

Former owner of
66 IMP's of Omaha Convertible
65 300 Convertible