RE: IML: Please Welcome Darren and his gauges

RE: IML: Please Welcome Darren and his gauges

The voltage limiter is built into the temperature gauge. When it fails, it either stays open or closed. If open, the 3 guages simply stop working, if closed, they "peg" until they burn out.

A new limiter can be purchased and added to the cluster, bypassing the old one built into the system. If the gauges are burned out, they will also have to be repaired. If you are mechanically inclined, you can remove the cluster and study the gauges to see if they are burned. The windings will appear black or at least very dark.

Repairable gauge clusters show up on Ebay frequently. There are also shops such as J.C. Auto that can rebuld the cluster for you.

Paul W.