From: [mailto: randalpark@xxxxxxx]
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:14:47 -0500
Subject: Re: IML: New Die Cast Offering -1961 Imperial & SMP '59 Reissue

Once they are out, I'll buy one in every color offered! Yat Ming 1/18 tends to be pretty good detail!

I have also come across a reissue of the 1959 SMP 1/25th scale 3 in 1 Imperial Kit. The instruction sheet is an exact copy of the original. All of the parts match up, too, except for white wall tires. I guess you have to paint them on by hand! The kit can be either built as a Crown Convertible or a Crown Two Door Southampton. I bought the first one I saw, and since then, I have seen five or six of them on Ebay. I don't know when the kit was reissued, and the web site appearing on the box label doesn't feature the kit as an item for sale. The box also features pictures of actual model built in both hardtop and convertible and the name of the builder of each.

Paul W.