Re: IML: Old car telephones-source

Phoneco (www.phoncoinc.com) in Galesville Wisconsin
has them in their online catalog, as well as many
other phones of similar vintage to many of our
Imperials. A fun place to visit if your ever near
LaCrosse, WI.
Many old car phones used the same handsets and cases
as conventional phones of the period. Somewhere I've
seen adapters that allow you to hook a conventional
phone (touch tone at least) into a modern cell phone.
Touch tone dialing pads can be added to earlier dial
type phones in many cases too. a 1920-30's Imperial
with a working brass candlestick phone would be super
cool!
Eric Risse
--- Christopher Carter <chris_carter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It has been a very long time since I last saw a car
> telephone of that style, and it did not even have a
> dial on it, much like a hotel phone of the era.
> Again, if anyone knows of a supplier of these I
> would certainly like one. That would be a great add
> on as I make improvements to my LeBaron. Retro is so
> hot right now that I feel certain that they are out
> there somewhere. The information super highway is
> one thing, but I lack the proper road map to find
them!