Re: IML: dome light wires

Robert, All  of these domelight and switch wires meet just over the left rear wheelwell behind the cardboard liner.  You may want to check your contacts there.  The rear door switch wires run under the sill plates and under the back seat so you may want to check there to see that nothing is cut.  I had mouse nests in the center door post where they had chewed the wire.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown sedan

Rob van der Es <r.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
@Tom: since you have the headliner of your 60 removed, do you see a
groundwire connection point for the dome light?
There must be somewhere a connection point were the 3 yellow wires come
together (both rear door interior light switches plus the wire from the
manual switch).

I have the problem that the light stays on with all doors closed, must be
a short circuit to ground I guess.

I have taken off the wires from all 3 switches and guess what, the light
stays on...
The bulb still gets +12 V and a ground (negative), however this ground is
not perfect because the bulb lights not as bright as when you open a rear
door.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Robert