From: imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Carter AFB-64 LeBaron

Christopher Carter <chris_carter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good morning all. I would like to replace the carburetor in my 64 LeBaron and, using manual information as there is no tag affixed or stamping marks I can see, have determined that all 64's use the Carter AFB. If this is correct, will someone kindly recommend a high quality new replacement?
I know this won't exactly answer your question here, but as an alternate option, have you considered rebuilding your original carburetor?

The Carter AFB is darn near indestructible and is virtually maintenance-free.  It's an excellent, excellent carburetor!  A rebuild kit will cost about a tenth of a new carburetor, and anyone with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers can rebuild one on the kitchen table with some time, patience, and by following the directions included with the kit.  And I certainly say this from the "if I can do this, anyone can" perspective!

I think you would spend less money and effort rebuilding your original, and the result would be a good, reliable carburetor, along with the satisfaction of having done it yourself.  :o)

Good luck!

Elijah