Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: IML: My 81 for sale: The Math / Frustration

One has to wonder, how so many issues, in such a short time, could possibly infest one vehicle? If I remember correctly, it started with freeze plugs, and flushing the cooling system, then the carb, then, the trans, then the rear end. And I might have missed something.  At this point, I would have to consider myself the most" UN-LUCKY" Imperial owner,or is this something else?  Just a thought.Ya'll have a nice day, Dave.

From: GeoNort@xxxxxxx
I think our fellow Imperialist Matt is suffering from a case of frustration. His Imperial  has hit a bump in its road. Matt seems to be overwhelmed, as many of us have from time to time with our cars. For me the satisfaction and joy of driving them far surpasses the fleeting moments of frustration. I enjoy the challenge. If it weren't for my cars I'd just be sitting around watching Martha Stewart programs all day!  :-).
I agree that the Jag would seem to be  a lot less reliable than many other cars. If Matt is thinking of sinking 9 K into a Jag why not put a few $$ into the Imperial and have a fun reliable luxo car to drive. Or maybe sell his car, if not his favorite design & get a different  Imperial . Just my  11.5 cents worth.

George