IML: 354 Hemi Industrial

Hi Everyone;

I have a unique situation. My son purchased a 1956 Imperial, it is a decent car with a very nice interior. It sat in a garage for the last 20 years. The one thing missing is an engine. Someone carefully removed the engine with great care, left everything else intact.

I have just started looking for an engine for it. A gentleman close to me has a 1957 Industrial Hemi with 39,000 miles. It is set up with 2 single barrel carburetors, which I would change out for a 4 bbl set up. From my research, the industrial Hemi has lower compression and hardened valve seats for low maintenance. The horsepower rating on a Industrial Hemi is 218HP. The 354 Hemi that was in the 56 Imperial has a 280hp rating.

My question is this:

My sons Imperial has the 2 speed powerflite transmission in it. If we use this Hemi would it have enough oomph to get it around especially pulling hills? Also when they state an industrial Hemi at 218hp, is it with a 2 single barrel setup, if so how much more horsepower, if any, would adding the 4 bbl carburetor on it.

Thanks

Anthony