Re: IML: Title question

From: Bogart3147@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Title question

You hit the nail on the head.  With all the different cars that have  come
and gone since automobiles were first built, one would think that state
agencies would have a system to account for all of them. Although maybe few in number, many of these cars have fallen into collectors hands and should be seen
for what they actually are.  I realize that Imperial can be a  little
confusing, as it was a Chrysler prior to 1955 and, I believe from 1990-1993, but between 1955-1975 and, I believe the 1981-1983 years, it was a separate division.
Even my insurance company doesn't have it right.   They even misspelled
Chrysler, spelling it Crysler. LOL

Timothy Callaway
1965 Crown 4-door

It isn't in the interests of either insurace companies or government agencies to have a thorough classification system for cars. Both of these types of organization are solely in the business of collecting money, and vague automobile classification doesn't impede that in the least. As long as there's enough info to identify the car, that's good enough for them, and they aren't looking for extra work. In R.I., even cars exempt from the emissions test (anything 25+ years old) have to go on the machine, since it generates the inspection sticker. The machine doesn't list the makes and models of old cars in it's database, so every old-car inspection begins with the inspector entering a whole slew of incorrect vehicles, until he finds something vaguely similar that the machine recognises.... I think the emmissions printout on my Imperial calls it a New Yorker, and my brother's '63 Falcon is listed as a '64 Fairlane.
     -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT