Re: IML: Dash Cover for '66 LeBaron

About dash covers, I have always used a large white beach towel. It covers the whole dash and steering wheel. When I can, I park, facing away from the sun. I sometimes will put the towel outside the windshield, close the doors on the ends of the towel. I have never had a cracked dash or steering wheel from using them. I would shake the towel when it was on the outside before putting it back inside the car. While driving or traveling, which I use the cars for a lot, traveling long distances, I use the towel to cover items carried on the front seat with me. C B radio, car books, car club member lists, notebook, a temper sensor for checking tires, cooling system, air cond, wheel bearings, etc. Out of site, out of mind. The towels therefore are serving a two fold purpose. I do not have to look for a place to put them. Then, they wash easy. I also use it to cover a seat that has to sit in the sun and will not be so hot that I cannot sit on it. They have even been used as a blanket when I was so sleepy, I could not continue driving and needed a nap.   Joe Machado, gettin ready for my next 3 trips to shows. New Mexico, Charlotte, NC., and Carlisle in Pennsylvania.

-----Original Message-----
From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Dash Cover for '66 LeBaron

Hi All...a quick (?) question for anyone out there who has already bought one
(or more) of these dash covers.....
....living in southern California Ireally..!!!...think I need to put a dsah
cover of some kind over the dash on my two '66 Imperials (convertible and
LeBaron). I have looked on the web and came up with..

www.dashmats4less.com

....they have a 'brushed suede' and a 'Tritex Veour' product which is suposed to
install using velcro strips. Has anyone bought from this supplier?....I am
guessing that the 'velcro' strips have to be glued to the dash somehow to keep
the cover in place...something which I, personally, would prefer NOT to do since
the object here is to keep the dash in as 'original' condition as possible. I'd
really appreciate it if anyone who has bought a dash-cover for their Imperial
(any year) could let me know where they got their's from and what you REALLY
think of the product you bought. Feel free to email me direct at
"dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx"

...Thanks all!!!!
Dan Melnik