Re: IML: EL inverter

Hi Tom,

Yes, the power unit can "fatigued after half an hour.
As a matter of fact it is the capacitor in the unit that is faulty.
This is a very common problem with these units.
If you are handy with a solder iron you can replace it your self very
easily, the costs will only be a couple of dollars then for a new
capacitor.
You will find all the answers with regard to your power convertor on the
repair section of the IML webpage:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/EL.htm

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further
problems with the power convertor.

Robert
1960 Crown 4d HT