IML: EL inverter

One more try on my question to which I got no answer.  Can the power unit for the dash lights on a 63 grow "fatigued" after a half hour or so and show a steady decline in voltage such that everything is dimmer?  Alternator output is plenty high as is battery voltage.  I guess I am asking if anyone else has had one do this exact same thing or not?

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.