From: Edwin
Subject: IML: 1970 chrysler imperial le baron 4-door hdtp 440 cu/in.
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:38:43 +0200

Hello,

I just removed the rear axle drive shafts from my 1970 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron 4-door hdtp, 440 cu/in. I made two pictures of the drive shaft's. The first picture is the drive shaft from the passenger side with the ''O''-ring groove in it. The second is the driver's side shaft. Apparently there is no adjuster ring on the passenger side drive shaft to adjust the bearing end-play!! Is this the correct configuration for this vehicle or must the adjustment be done by shims on the passenger side?? I hope someone can tell me what's correct for this 1970 Chrysler rear axle.

Thanks a Lot,

Edwin de Bruijn.

Fred Joslin