IML: Several problems

All,

I am back at rehabbing my 65 and have ran into several problems I would like input from the group on.  Please assist with any information you may have experienced or know about.  Thanks

-          On a 65 Imperial Crown Coupe I noticed that it does not have springs in the front suspension, what was used in place of them?  I was able to identify shocks in the front.

-          Does anyone know where I can get rear leaf springs for this vehicle?  The ones that are on there look as if they are truck springs.

-          I am getting smoke from both sides of the engine closest to the valve cover gaskets by the windshield.  I recently had the VCs changed so what else could that be and how do I test to make sure it is indeed that?

-          Lastly, my tranny will not go in reverse should I rebuild the entire unit or is there something specific that I can replace to get this operating.  I am not sure if this is the original tranny or not and what type of maintenance has been done previously to it.

Once again all feedback will be greatly appreciated

65 BattleAx