IML: ebay experience

There were two new (NOS) tail light lenses (left and right) for a 69 Imperial just sold on ebay. One went for about $50 and the other for about $80.

I believe that both were purchased by the same person and from the ebay reviews it appears that this person will probably resell them. God bless America.

I would guess that they will show up in one of the ebay "shops" with a buy it now price of $300 to $400 or more. I could be wrong about that.

 I bid $70 on the second one. My left lens is chipped at one end. I figured that I would be out bid, but it did push the price up.

I am a little disappointed, but more in human nature than anything else. Would the tail lights have made my car worth more? Probably not so realistically I am about $80 better off.

I have been having second thoughts about owning a vintage car, especially an Imperial,  with the associated costs and work. This just reinforces those thoughts.

Fred Joslin