Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 2:10 PM
Subject: IML: 62 Torqueflite; will it fit a 1960 Imperial?

I am not interested in rebuilding the cast iron Torqueflite in my 1960 Imperial.  I would like to install a 1962 Torqueflite since it is aluminum bodied, has push-button shift, and features the tail shaft mounted parking brake.  The reason for this is simply that the hard parts within the aluminum bodied transmission are available, as opposed to the old cast iron, and I'm having problems finding a shop that will rebuild it.

Will this transmission mate to a 1960 413?  Will the 1960 starter work with the 62 or will I have to use the newer starter?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks, Bryan.