Re: IML: The Moment of Truth / starting a long unused 392

Re: IML: The Moment of Truth / starting a long unused 392

I was even further off my rocker. When I bought my 73
it had not been started since the late 80's. It was in
a garage during this time and a friend of mine and I
rented a car one way down to Florida to pick it up. At
any rate, I used AAA to come and pull the car out of
the garage and inflate the tires and put some fresh
gas in the tank and carb. After I checked all the
fluids it fired right up with lots of oil smoke.
We then drove it from Jacksonville Florida to
Washington D.C. The only problem I had was a tire that
lost its tread. So, we stopped in Florence S.C. for
new tires. That was about a year ago and ny wife still
says I was crazy for "tempting fate". I loved the ride
up I-95. Lots of people blowing their horns and giving
us the thumbs up. One person in a Jeep shouted "nice
car" when I passed him.

Tim Durrer
73 Blue Sky

--- "Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx>