Re: IML: FW: Where is everyone?/Winter time

Re: IML: FW: Where is everyone?/Winter time

The one time I wish I was back in Spokane....HOWEVER, if our list members
have been watching the NW news (I've heard we even made the national news?)
you will know that we have been cut off from civilization for nearly 3 days
now. Here on the Long Beach Peninsula in southwestern Washington State we
lost power and phone on Sunday evening and only today got power back - just
an hour ago here at home. We had two storms on Sunday evening/Monday morning
with the high wind gusts on the beach at about 127 mph with 40 foot seas.

Imperial content: with no power, there were no gas stations pumping. My
daily driver was down with a bad alternator and my husband's pick up was
almost out of gas....what to do? He siphoned some out of the '65 Crown
Coupe!! The Imperial to the rescue!!

I'm just so thankful that civilization has returned that I wanted to share
it with my friends on the list.

Laurie Carter
Ilwaco, WA and Ocean Park, WA USA
At the corner of the Pacific Ocean and the Columbia River
'65 Crown Coupe (his)
'59 Crown (mine)
PS For those of you who have been here, the mighty Imperial Schooner
restaurant sustained some major damage.