Re: [FWDLK] Power Window questions

<< L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >>

Honestly, this isnt one of those Nah Nah Nah Nah mails, although it might
sound that way. Please dont take offense, but I have power windows in my
Belvedere that came factory and have had no problems other than a dead motor
in one. They rise and fall just like they should and all I did was hook up a
battery. My only suggestion on this matter is, with availability of course,
that you should try original equipment from a car that had power windows from
the factory. I replaced the motor in my rear window with one from a 69 Sebring
and it works just fine now, granted they were all a little "jerky" but non of
them had any grease or lubrication of any kind on the "arms", "gears", etc.
Once those were lubed well, everything went smooth. One thing I have found
though with power windows, if there is any binding what so ever on the
pivoting arms that raise and lower the windows, there will be significant
problems, just make sure that with the motor taken off, that the "arms" and
"gears" move freely with out any binding. Sorry I cant be of any more help,
good luck and take care.

Clay Wood